Or I guess you could call them ‘Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes’ – just the same, they’re grrrrreat!
So, here’s how it happened:
My brother’s birthday was coming fast. And we needed to bring in a treat for his classmates. So, at first, we thought that we’d make Cakeballs! (A post on these is coming soon, don’t worry!) But, of course, he ‘doesn’t like’ Cakeballs. So, after a million hours on the computer, my mom found this amazing idea…Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes!
So here’s what you need to get if you want to make them (which I highly recommend):
- Get some ice cream cones. (not the type with pointy ends; here’s a better recipe for that!)
- Get some pre-made icing. Or you can make your own, if you want!
- Get a pre-made cake mix. Or if you don’t have one, I’ve included a recipe here:
Cupcake Bakeshop’s Chocolate Cake Recipe
Makes about 40 ice cream cone cupcakes / 350 degree oven (the recipe said that it makes 24, but when we made it,we got more like 40)
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 a cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 cups of milk
- 1/2 a cup of butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Measure out everything except for the eggs directly into your mixer bowl.
- Mix on low speed just until it’s all incorporated.
- Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, and beat on high speed again for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the batter into a container with a pour spout.
- Pour the batter into ice cream cones, and leave a good half inch between the batter and the top of the cone (or they’ll overflow!)
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Then comes the fun part – DECORATING! 😀 So just get out your pre-made or home-made icing and your favorite sprinkles, and have fun!
Leave a reply →