A couple weeks ago, I made some peanut butter blossoms. They were super easy and super yummy! But if you’re planning on trying out this recipe, I have 3 tips for you:
1. Don’t replace the shortening with butter; it makes the dough squishier and harder to form into balls.
2. Unwrap the kisses BEFORE you start baking! I tried unwrapping all 48 while they were in the oven, and let me tell you, I had to unwrap fast, fast, fast!
3. When your measuring the peanut butter + shortening, try putting plastic wrap in the measuring cup before filling it. Trust me, it’ll make your life a whole lot easier!
So here’s the link! Or, if you want to save some time, I just wrote it down here:
Makes: about 48 yummalicious cookies!
- 48 Hershey Kisses
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter (not the chunky type)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Some more Granulated sugar (for rolling the dough balls in)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit. Remove the chocolate wrappers!
2. Beat the shortening and peanut butter n a large bowl until they’re all blended up. Add 1/3 cup of granulated sugar and the brown sugar – beat until it’s fluffy. Add the egg, milk, and vanilla extract – beat well. Beat the flour, baking soda, and salt into the mixture until well blended.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. (my sister and I used an ice cream scoop for this) Roll in granulated sugar, and place on cookie tray. (about 4 balls by 6, 24 to each sheet)
4. Bake for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into the center of each cookie. (do this fast and don’t burn yourself!) The cookies will crack around the edges. Let them cool for a bit, and then transfer them to a wire rack.
And, your done! Enjoy!