Somehow spring is just not ready to pop it’s pretty head in on the east coast here. Â We have had numerous snow storms. Â Plenty of skiing. Â Worn our down coats to death. Â And winter just keeps hanging on. Â It’s the end of April here and I think it snowed last week.
It’s been so cold that my bees didn’t make it. 🙁 Â For those that don’t know, this was my first year at attempting to be a beekeeper. Â Apparently they had food in the hive but were too cold to leave their cluster to get it. Â So so sad. Â Poor cold bees. Â Poor cold me!
I haven’t been feeling like leaving my cluster much lately either so I decided to try and fake it till I make it. Â I’m making fresh strawberry cake because what’s says summer more than a bowl of strawberries??
Here we go!
butter and sugar as usual…
add lemon juice and eggs
prep your strawberries
add them to your prepped batter
make your icing – add a drop of color if you want
and colored sprinkles also!
is it spring yet??
Strawberry Yogurt Bundt
adapted from Bakerette
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 8 ounces plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 12 ounces fresh strawberries, finely chopped (do not use frozen strawberries)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a 10-inch Bundt cake pan with grease and flour.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- With an electric mixer on medium high, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add lemon juice and eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Alternately add the dry ingredients and yogurt to the creamed mixture beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Gently fold in the strawberries.
- Pour the batter into prepared Bundt pan. Reduce the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to slightly cool before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix powdered sugar and lemon juice together with a drop of color and drizzle over.