The other day, my grandpa was coming over. And so, we decided to make him an early father’s day treat: his favorite, marzipan!
It’s really not that hard. It’s mostly fun, actually! Here’s what you’ll need:
- an assortment of food colorings
- marzipan (a can, preferably. They have longer shelf lives than tubes)
- cloves (optional)
That’s pretty much all you need! Here are some helpful tips, though:
- When mixing in the coloring, just try to blend it in, as if you were mixing two colors of play doh or something.
- After making a couple things, you might want to wash your hands. It makes rolling the marzipan out easier, and you won’t get colors from your last creation mixed into your new one.
- The cloves are for making stems in the fruits.
- Be creative!!
Here are some of ours:
An egg – sunny side up!
A book, creatively titled “Book”.
And, some fruit. (see the clove-stems).
So go make some marzipan RIGHT NOW!!!